A Dental Crown is simply what you would call a tooth-shaped cap for a tooth. A dental crown helps to restore the tooth’s correct size and shape it to fit in line with the whole row of teeth. A crown, when put into place, is able to fully encase the visible portion of a tooth up to the gum line.
A person may need a dental crown in situations such as:
- When you need to protect the tooth from decay.
- When the tooth is cracked and a crown is needed to prevent further damage.
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down.
- To cover a tooth with too much filling.
- To keep a dental bridge in place.
- To cover up your dental implant.
- To complete a cosmetic modification.
For children, a crown is placed on the baby teeth, similar to fillings. at LB Dental, we specialize in porcelain dental crowns.
Porcelain Dental Crowns
Porcelain crowns are a great solution for many issues. A porcelain crown can be used to restore a damaged tooth, prevent a weak tooth from fracturing, cover a poorly shaped tooth or cover a tooth that has undergone a root canal treatment. Porcelain crowns are perfectly matched, both in shape and color, to your existing natural teeth.
Additionally, porcelain crowns can be attached using dental implants, for a very stable fit. These are referred to as dental implant crowns.
If you are suffering from an irregular bit, jaw pain, or tooth pain, a crown may be the right solution. Call us at 602-482-5100 to schedule a consultation.